This guide will instruct you on how to pay with cryptocurrency using www.coinbase.com.
- Create an account on www.coinbase.com.
- Add a credit or debit card to the newly created coinbase account (you can do this in settings>Linked Accounts). Identity verification is necessary for you to add the card, just follow the necessary steps required. Keep in mind that purchases using your debit/credit cards are the sole way to get the crypto you purchase instantly available in your coinbase wallet. Using your routing number and bank account for purchases can take a week or longer to process.
- Back on our website, add your items to the cart and click proceed to checkout. On the next page under payment choose “Pay with Cryptocurrency” and Place the order. You will then be shown a page that looks like the image below. Select the coin you want to pay with and press complete checkout. In this tutorial we will be using litecoin to pay, but any of the coins can be bought and used to pay on coinbase.. You will then be taken to the coinpayments checkout page. Do not close the checkout page for any reason!
- Return to your coinbase account and click the buy/sell button on the upper left hand corner on coinbase. Choose Litecoin under cryptocurrency, and under payment method choose your credit/debit card. Remember you need to choose this payment method in order to have instant access to your funds!
- On the LTC side under amount, copy/paste the amount from the coinpayments checkout page. You will need to add a little more to purchase for the fees. A good rule of thumb is to add around $5 USD worth to cover the necessary crypto sending fees. So if the total is 1.52 LTC, the amount to buy would be around 1.71 LTC. This is to ensure that you have enough crypto in your balance to send to us.
- Press the buy litecoin button on the bottom of the screen and you will get confirmation and the purchased amount will be instantly available in your litecoin wallet. Click on the Accounts button on the top left of the screen.
- Click your LTC wallet and press the send button.
- Copy & Paste the address from the coinpayments checkout page under recipient on coinbase The address is going to look like this:
- Copy/Paste the amount of LTC from the coinpayments page to the amount field on coinbase, on the LTC side.
- Leave the Notefield blank, press continue and then confirm to send the funds.
- Return to the coinpayments checkout page. Wait for a few minutes for the transaction to be processed.
- Upon completion of the payment processing, the checkout page will refresh and you will see PAID on the screen. You are all done! You have just completed your order using crypto and can now exit the screen safely.
- Please purchase enough crypto when you buy it the first time to cover all the fees. If you don’t you have to buy more again and this will cost you more because of fees.
- Do not navigate off the coinpayments checkout page until your payment has been processed. Once the payment is complete, the page will refresh and you will see “PAID” on the page.